Dr. Silberman can perform you sports physicals at New Jersey Sports Medicine. Dr. Silberman is the school physican for Ridge High School and The Pingry School, and the team physician for the South Plainfield football team and the Plainfield football team. He has performed thousands of sports physicals.
If you need a sports physical and clearance for school, work, or camp, please bring all of your paper work to the office completed. Cost of a sports physical at New Jersey Sports Medicine is $50.
If you are a school or organization in need of assistance for on site sports physicals, Dr. Silberman and his team can come to your school and provide on site physicals in mass and using software online all sports physicals can be completed electronically and paperless.
Purpose of Medical Screening as adopted from the Australian Centre for Health, Exercise and Sports Medicine:
1. Ensure optimal medical health (cardiac, asthma, menstrual, etc)
2. Ensure optimal musculoskeletal health (sport specific & review injuries)
3. Optimize performance (nutrition, psychology, biomechanics)
4. Prevent injury
5. Review medications and vaccinations
6. Collect baseline data for elite athletes (asthma testing, blood tests)
7. Develop professional relationship with athlete